Monday, April 23, 2012

Un-birthday Party

Over the weekend we decided to have an "Un-birthday" party. We basically made a cake, some crafts and decorated as if it was someone's birthday. Only it wasn't. Nicole was so excited and loved tying bows to the chairs and putting confetti (sigh) on the table (which ultimately landed on the floor and in the cake and, I'm still finding it). 



The funniest part was the night before when I asked Nicole if she would like to have an "un-birthday" party. Her first response was, "Well, we need to have a theme." What?! Oh, I've ruined her. Thankfully she wanted an Easter theme (check... decor already done). Nicole helped me made a lemon-blueberry cake. This was the first time I let her measure by herself (supervised). It was good fractions practice. We put a candle for each of us in it. And then we sang "Happy Birthday Dear No One." Pretty fun. 


1 comment: