Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Allyson loses her first two teeth!

I was shocked the other day when Nicole told me Allyson's two front bottom teeth were loose. Sure enough... they were very wiggly. Wasn't expecting that for another year! Well, we just watched and waited.

Today Allyson came up to me and said her tooth was very, very loose. When I looked, one of them was already gone!! (We haven't found it.) The other was barely hanging on.


She was pretty nervous about pulling it out. But it needed to happen.






Her new smile!! (Oh my gosh, isn't she so cute?!?)


As the girls got ready for bed that night there was a lot of discussion about the tooth fairy. They were cracking us up!! Who knew the tooth fairy had financial problems? Makes sense the way she keeps giving away her money. 




And they did leave her money, too. This is a copy of the note Nicole wrote on Allyson's behalf.




Dear Tooth Fairy
Hi. It has been sooooo long. I have a question. Can you look for Allyson's tooth? She lost or possibley swallowed it. Can you believe it? Allyson's only 5 and she lost 2 of them.

P.S. The money is for you.
P.P.S. Look in Nicole's pillow.

Love, Nicole and Allyson

This was the note the Tooth Fairy left this morning:
Dear Allyson,

Well, this is VERY special! There are not very many kids who lose TWO teeth on the same day!! And their first teeth, too! For this reason, I am leaving TWO dollars! I was a bit surprised by this (you've only just turned 5!) so did not come with your special book. I will bring it to you soon. (It will be a surprise.)

Take good care of your teeth... I can tell you do. The one in the pillow is very clean! (I didn't find your other tooth.) I will let you keep this one so your mom can put it in your baby book.

Oh - and THANK YOU - and Nicole - for the money!! You are the very first kids to ever leave me anything. Brought happy tears to my eyes. Love you both!

The Tooth Fairy

A couple less teeth and a couple more dollars = 
one happy five-year-old!

On a side note, Nicole was anxious to see what the tooth fairy had left for Allyson. So we peeked before she left for school while Allyson was still sleeping. The tooth was still in the pillow (so I thought) but it has fallen out somewhere. How is it possible to lose two teeth and then "lose" two teeth??



1 comment:

  1. I giggled watching the videos and reading the updates. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete