Friday, July 30, 2010

Pompeii

Lately Nicole has been almost obsessed with volcanoes and the story of Pompeii.  (I think she may have heard something about it in preschool.)  Everywhere we go, Nicole asks if there's a volcano there. We have checked books out of the library, watched videos on the internet, and tried to learn all we can about the subject. 

So I began thinking about the Brady Bunch episode where Bobby makes that volcano (the one that blows up on Alice).  And I decided Nicole and I would build our own volcano.  Of course, we used a plastic cup and playdough...and we ran out of the right colors...and it melted right away.  But Nicole thought it was great.  Here's the big eruption:

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! Your blog looks great by the way! Sorry I haven't gotten back to your emails. I always do that stuff at work and I've been swamped. Keep the blogs up. Love reading them!

    ReplyDelete