Monday, June 3, 2013

The Day I Found Out


I wrote this entry a long time ago when I found out I was pregnant. I'm finally posting it today. With a healthy (but screaming) 8 week old baby girl in my arms. :)

Today I took my ... hmmm... I think my fourth or fifth pregnancy test in two days. I knew, from the way I was feeling, I had to be pregnant. Finally, today I got a definite + sign in the window. I cannot express the joy I felt in that single moment.

We've been beyond fortunate. Never really had to try getting pregnant. We've never waited even a single month. But this time it was two months of trying. I know how ridiculous that sounds. So many people wait longer. But the disappointment was kind of hard. It had taken me a few months to even be ready to try again after losing our precious baby in January.

So, I'm pregnant. And I don't care what anyone else has to say or what they think about it. My doctor encouraged us to go for it. And we just knew our family wasn't complete yet.

This time we are not going to rush and tell everyone. We want to wait and be sure this doesn't end in a miscarriage. I want to ask everyone to pray. I want to rush and shout my news.

In fact, I haven't even told Britt yet. I want to see his face. I know he wants a boy so bad. I know carrying on his line of the Davises is important to him. So I hope it's a boy. But, with our amazing girls, we would gladly welcome another with all the joy in the world.

So I'm writing this little post as a way of "telling everyone." I won't post it just yet. I'll wait. But I just want to say,

HEY!! I'M GOING TO HAVE A BABY! I'M SO, SO, SOOOOO HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment