Monday, June 3, 2013

Circus Camp

When I was pregnant I signed the girls up for Circus Camp at Landers Theatre. It was the only one they offered where a 4-year-old and 8-year-old could attend at the same time. I thought it would be great, knowing I'd have a newborn. (Of course, I thought she would be newer than she is but, still.)

It was a challenge getting everyone ready and out the door every morning but we made it. The girls seemed to really enjoy it, too. This is what they looked like when I picked them up the first day.






This was what they looked like after the day they learned how to make balloon animals. Nicole especially enjoyed this.


On the final day they had a popcorn party and a show. 

The foyer. You can't see but there's a table of popcorn and drinks.

Balloon animals lined the entrance.





The best part was when I sat down I heard this very loud, "MOMMY!" And there's Allyson in the wings... you can see her waving her hand. 


Here she is doing her part. She's the second from the right. Her hair is pulled back because she has started the awful habit of sticking hair in her mouth. (She doesn't want me to cut it so I'm trying to find other options.)


I thought I was videotaping but found out later I hadn't hit the button. I found another woman who gave me her video of their little performance. She was further away but here's what the kids performed. You see Allyson's group come in about half-way through. 



Here she is after the dance... happy I have some popcorn for her!



After the performance, the kids and parents enjoyed a video made by the staff throughout the week. It's rather long but it shows what the experienced throughout the week... and the girls are in it quite a bit. (Make sure to hit the bottom right "square" in order to watch it full-screen.)


No comments:

Post a Comment