Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our Little Graduate

Nicole graduated from kindergarten tonight. We were so excited to have Papa here to attend the ceremony.


Before everything started they had a slide show with each kindergartener's picture and a quote of what they'd like to be when they grow up.

Nicole said, "When I grow up, I want to be an archaeologist because I really want to find out the nature of the dinosaurs and I want to find real fossils." 

Some of the other kids' quotes were hilarious! Her classmate, Aidan, says, "When I grow up, I want to be a policeman because I've never seen a bad guy and I want to catch a bad guy one day." 

Little Kate says, "When I grow up, I want to be a mom because I am going to have some children and my children will give me company." Yeah, good luck with that one, Kate. Ha Ha. 

My favorite one...I didn't get a picture...was a little boy who said when he grows up he wants to be a Wal-Mart worker because they make $9/hour and they don't have to pay taxes on whatever they buy there and something about they make a lot of money. It was so funny!

Here's a few shots of the kids on stage. 



There are four kindergarten classes at her school. 


While other kids were getting their diplomas, Nicole and her friend, Kielee, were chatting it up. 



Nicole and her teacher, Mrs. Curry.



They did such a cute program. It started by telling us the year they will graduate high school: 2023!


Lifelong learners...




This song was my favorite! Unfortunately a group of people walked in front of the camera right at the end of the song. But then, at the end of the entire program, they repeated the end of the song! Yeah! (It's the last video on this post.) You can click on the "You Tube" icon and choose to watch it on you tube and the screen size is larger. (Don't worry, it's an "unlisted" video so only those with the link can watch it.)



Seven Days in a Week Song

Seven Days in a Week Part II

The kids sang a Spanish song called "Animales." Nicole loves Spanish and was pretty animated. I recorded it in three parts. The last part is very short... I didn't realize that, at the end, the kids would make all of these funny animal faces. I only got Nicole doing one of them but it's pretty cute.



Getting her diploma!




After receiving the diplomas they went back on the risers for the finale:



We went to Incredible Pizza after the ceremony (Nicole's choice). She tried to win a stuffed bunny with "the claw" game and, when it didn't work, the worker opened the door and gave her the prize! She was pretty excited. We gave her some balloons and a new puzzle to work on with Papa.



No comments:

Post a Comment