Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy...Sad

Today I received a phone call I've been waiting for since early this year.  It was from the principal of Harrison Elementary school.  We'd put a transfer request in a long time ago hoping Nicole could attend here since it's brand new, closer to our home, and has a technology focus.  (One computer for every four kindergarteners.)  Also, we loved the principal and everything we'd heard about her.  I got to meet some of the kindergarten teachers and was very impressed with them as well.  Anyway, the principal assured me that Nicole is now an official Harrison Husky!

But I have to admit, in the midst of my happiness, I am grieving the loss of having Nicole all to myself.  Never again will she be with me all day long.  I feel as if I'm throwing her out in the world to be influenced by who knows what.  When did my baby grow up? 






2 comments:

  1. How come you don't have followers on your blog?

    I feel the same way you know...and we're only doing half day!!! Let's start a club!

    Praying for you this week too!

    ReplyDelete