Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Day Camping Day 1

Here we are... PACKED ... for a two day camping trip.

Looks like Nicole is studying her bugs at the right time!

I had an interview at College of the Ozarks (for an article I was writing) before we could start camping so I was wearing a dress. The plan was Britt would drop me off to do my interview and he would take the girls to McDonald's for lunch until I was done. Well, I met the "Dean of Character Education" at her office. Super nice lady. She asks if it's okay to ride in my car over to the restaurant. Uh, well, I sort of have a husband, two kids and camping equipment in my car. She ended up insisting they come with us! I was quite apprehensive to say the least. But the girls behaved very well thanks to Britt's vigilant "guidance." 

The Keeter Center serves amazing food, much of it grown on the college campus. I think this is the way to start off a camping trip...kind of a "last meal" of sorts.


After lunch I had another appointment to see Buckets n Boards, a kind of rhythm show that is fantastic for families. Nicole was chosen to go on stage! 


I only wish I was closer so you could really see her face. She was SOOO cute! But that's our Nicole on stage!






Of course, Nicole had to then use the final bit of leftover Christmas money from Uncle Jeff to buy ... drumsticks. Jeff's goal in life is to get me back for the drum set and singing Christmas tree I bought his kids. This will probably do the trick. Nicole loved this show! Well, we all did. Britt laughed all through it. 

Here, after the show, Allyson is finding out she really likes drumsticks, too.





We are finally at the campsite! I just had to take this picture before changing into camp clothes because I thought it was funny. There were some other campers that felt they needed to tell me I was a bit overdressed. Duh. :)



My first meal cooking on a camp stove. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Seasoned black beans, Chicken (marinated the night before) and veggies with couscous.




The campground had a pool!



Britt and I played Rummy after the kids went to bed.


I'm sure he cheated. He won. By a LOT. :(

1 comment: