Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cherish Kids Run


I started this post last August and have never gotten around to finishing it. This year I started to get involved with a ministry at our church called "Cherish Kids." It is designed to help foster kids in the area get adopted and out of the system. Every year they do a fundraiser called a Cherish Kids 5K/10K.

Britt and I planned to run in the race. Yeah, that got as far as me running around the neighborhood one time for "training." Anyway, turns out Britt had to work so I wouldn't have been able to run it with both the girls. But, they also have a "Kids K" that the little ones can run. Nicole and Allyson were all exited.

By the time we got there to pick up our shirts, they were out of Allyson's size. So, we took the smallest they had and made do.



Here's Nicole doing her calisthenics before the race.


And push-ups!

Here's Allyson wondering what the heck is going on. The kids were grouped according to age so Nicole was in another group.








Ready to go!

And they're off! Nicole is in the bottom left behind the girl in the bright pink shirt.







The finish line



Next was Allyson's race. Nicole was pretty happy about her medal! She decided to run alongside her little sister. I was pretty thankful for that!

It didn't start out so good. I cannot tell you how proud I am of this little girl getting back up and finishing the race! She had a pretty bloody owie.




 Not necessarily happy but they both finished!





Once again, we find ourselves at a first aid booth. Why is this so familiar??





This lady was going to run alongside Allyson and her daughter in the race. She didn't end up needing to since Nicole did. I would have but I was trying to juggle both girls and the camera so it was a little tricky.


After the race it was all about fun and games. 



Notice how Allyson has her own way of going down the slide!



And bowling.








Even Mom got into the racing spirit.






Other pictures from the day...





1 comment:

  1. Okay,I teared up after seeing her fall and keep going. Oh, and I love the girls' hair! :)

    ReplyDelete