Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Pain


The weather this year killed the corn crop at our favorite pumpkin patch. So, I bought a half-price deal to another one that was only open on the weekends. Last Friday night was the only time we could go as a family due to Britt's work schedule. Somehow I missed the memo that after dark everything goes from family-friendly to haunted and scary. Maze: haunted. Hayride: haunted. The girls found a swing set to play on. Yippee. (Could've gone to the park free for that.)



Oh, and the pumpkin "patch?" It was a tent with a bunch of ugly, overpriced pumpkins. The girls picked out two. Britt and I decided to skip buying our own this year. 

The Pumpkin "Patch"
But that wasn't the worst of it. The worst was the karaoke. It was obvious there would never be a way to explain how bad. So, thinking of you, my dear reader, I decided to record it for your, ahem, "enjoyment."(Don't thank me. Seriously.)





That was about the last straw for me. I nicely explained our situation to the lady at the snack bar counter. She was nice enough to leave me in charge of the snack bar while she went to see if there was anything she could do. Well, I think she meant for me to just watch the snack bar. But, there were customers in line so ... I started selling stuff. But, when someone ordered a hot cider I had no clue which pot it was in. So, I began opening the covers to look inside. That's about the time another employee came over and started the inquisition.... "Do you work here?!" Thankfully, snack bar lady came back at that time and was quite happy with the money I had made. Lol.

The pumpkin patch owner decided to give us a free bonfire. That seemed pretty nice. He even threw in the ingredients to make s'mores. So we warmed up by the fire and had some yummy dessert.



Allyson was a happy camper!


After warming up and filling our bellies with yummy s'mores we headed home, trying to get the horrendous karaoke "music" out of our heads.

Here's our sleepy Nicole as we pulled up to the house. How cute is that? 



1 comment:

  1. That picture of Nicole is REALLY sweet! Funny enough Morgan takes after her daddy and likes scary stuff. She's surprised us at how not afraid she is of this Halloween stuff. I'm more of a chicken than she is!

    ReplyDelete