Friday, September 5, 2014

Waterskiing!

I love waterskiing. At least, that's what I remember. It's been over 20 years since I've done it. And every year I talk about it. Well, we finally planned a date to go with our neighbors who own a boat! Would you believe just hours before we were to leave Nicole came down with a high fever? Agh!! We had to cancel the day!



A few weeks later we rescheduled. It was a very hot day so we waited until the evening. This was the first try and I got up right away! Of course, we hit a boat's pretty strong wake not long after and it took me down pretty quick. You can hear Britt laughing and Nicole screaming when she sees her mom is falling. LOL!







This is my second time up. Shortly after the video I just had to stop skiing. I was disappointed that I was exhausted after about just ten minutes of skiing! Oh well. It was worth it and I hope to go again before the decade is over!




Somehow I never realized Britt had never been waterskiing before. So we let him give it a try. For some reason he had a really hard time getting the skis on. In fact, our neighbor, Rick, ended up jumping in the water to go help him out! This is his first try. :)

He tried one more time but his ski fell off and, because it was getting late, he decided to go tubing with the girls. Allyson decided she was too scared so it was just Daddy and Nicole. Listen to her laughing!



Here Rick starts having some fun with them.



It was getting dark and I wanted Allyson to give it a try. I convinced her to get on the tube with me.... and Mallory! Yes, Mallory. We took the boat super slow, more cruising than tubing. But, as you can see at the end of the video, Allyson wasn't having it and I told them to stop. She's been tubing before and loved it. Today the bravery just wasn't there. Mallory seemed fine with it. She still trusts me. LOL





1 comment: