Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July

We got a day's head start on our 4th of July celebrations this year. Since our church no longer puts on their big I Love America celebration (sniff sniff) we found a fireworks show happening in Branson at The Landing on July 3rd. The best part was the concert. The band Chain Reaction did a Journey tribute. It was awesome.


Unfortunately, when we got there, the place was packed. There wasn't a spot for anyone. I tried to sit on some steps but the security guy came to kick us out. I made some small talk about how I didn't envy his job and how I'm married to a cop. Next thing I know he was telling me to wait a second and searched high and low for us. He found a fellow officer (from Texas) willing to share his space with us. Space he'd been saving since 10:30 that morning. I will remember this when I want to complain there are no perks to being married to a police officer. :)


 The fountains and fire were shooting up behind the stage. It looked so cool.



Space was tight but the girls made the best of it. Nicole spent time on the bannisters ...



.., while Allyson made quick friends with the people around her. She was held and given bottles of juice and even found her way onto someone's lap while the rest of us were crammed onto cement. One couple was so smitten with the girls they gave them each a dollar at the end of the concert for entertaining them by being so cute!




After the concert was a fireworks show. It was fantastic!



The videos are worth watching (in my humble opinion).

American Soldier

God Bless the USA

God Bless America

On the actual 4th of July we took it a little easier by staying at home most of the day. Our friends, Brian and Michelle, invited us over for a BBQ that evening. Afterward we did a few sparklers and little fireworks. Allyson was scared but Nicole was loving it.

We had a great holiday but missed our family and were thinking about them. Looking at the boats on Lake Taneycomo last night made me think about the many holidays we watched fireworks on Bass Lake. Hoping we are making memories for our kids that are as good as the ones we have growing up.

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt you and Britt are making amazing memories for your girls!

    ReplyDelete