Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wasp Stings

Today was rough! Britt and I were picking up Allyson from her class at church when he noticed her skin looked blotchy all over. I bent down to take a look and didn't realize there was a wasp nest right next to me. In a split second this huge black thing was flying toward me and had stung me twice on the arm before I could get away. It hurt so bad I cried right there in front of everyone who was standing around. After some first aid and making sure the nest would be taken care of, we returned home... thankful that Allyson hadn't suffered any stings. But...

This evening the girls were playing in the back yard when Nicole came running in to say Allyson fell off the swing. Then I hear Britt calling me in a voice that told me she might really be hurt. I went running to find she had been bitten by a wasp. There was a nest inside the seat of her swing! It flew up her dress and bit her right on the bum.

Here she is at dinner telling the story (she's naked because her dress was filthy from lying in the dirt after falling from the swing. And please try to ignore the fact that she is talking with her mouth full.):


Fortunately, she was not stung in the head. Allyson tends to embellish. Ha Ha. But we still haven't figured out the blotchy stuff on her skin. May be taking a trip to the doctor if it doesn't clear up. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment