Monday, July 30, 2012

Ain't Gonna Paint No More

Today was a stay at home day. We've had several in a row and, frankly, I think I was more bored than the girls. So, instead of trying to accomplish the writing I needed to do, I decided to pull out some paints and ... well ... okay, so I painted my kids.

We received inspiration from one of our favorite books, "Ain't Gonna Paint No More."

Like in the book, things started out small...



But they quickly got out of hand.


Pretty soon I just gave up the paint brushes to the kids and went inside to make dinner. Then things became totally out of control. (Just the way we like it.) 



We couldn't find the top to Allyson's old swimsuit... so we just painted one on.



Even clean-up was fun!






Allyson's prayers tonight were the best when she thanked God for "painting ourselves." I'm thankful we found a way to make a boring day not so boring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment