Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nicole's First Day of Second Grade

Nicole woke up right away, excited about her first day of second grade. I woke up in disbelief that my baby is so big!



Ready to go...


In front of her classroom

Allyson thinks this is her school, too!

Nicole made a craft (called a God's eye) for Mrs. Bodoin. It's yarn tied around two crossed pencils. She learned how to do it at VBS this summer. 

At her desk 

We were excited to find out Nicole is sitting across from one of her good friends, Essie (short for Esther)! Essie's grandpa was my college professor. Her family has the Halloween party every year with the piƱata and bonfire. Great family. 

Oh, and look who sits next to Nicole. Don't worry, Allyson. You start school on Monday with people your own size! 


Nicole came home today happy with her first day of school. The biggest and best change? Second grade has one 30-minute recess instead of two 15-minute recesses like in first grade! She really liked that. 

There was no homework but she did come home with this little clothespin-picture to hang on the fridge. It says: "I made this special magnet on the very first day. So that my second grade work will always be on display!"



Below that, her first paper. It says "Today was my first day of school. It was a great day!

In case you can't read it, the paper says:

I met my teacher. "Mrs. Bodoin"
I made a new friend. "Azria" 
I listened to a story. "I do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham."
I ate lunch. "Bread and Butter." [Quick explanation. She's not getting jail food. We read about Laura Ingalls' lunch they had on a picnic and Nicole loves to duplicate it. She gets bread with butter, fruit, cheese, water or juice and I throw in a couple of other things, too.]
I played at recess. "Jungel Jym." [Jungle Gym]
My favorite part was: "Teacher."




3 comments:

  1. Sorry mom, she is looking pretty big! Can't wait for my girls to go to school (sort of)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIKE TO MAKE HER PUSSY BLEED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL 3,BE GOOD AND TIGHT.

    ReplyDelete