Friday, August 17, 2012

Girl Shopping

Tonight the girls and I went shopping at the mall. For many people shopping with kids is excruciating.  And while there are times I prefer shopping alone, with the amazing kids I have, bringing them along usually brings more laughter than anything else. 

We stopped by Old Navy where the girls made friends with the mannequins who are there to greet customers at the front. In fact, they are thoughtful enough to have mannequins of various height so everyone feels welcome. Allyson and Nicole made friends with "little girls" just their size.





Feel free to eavesdrop on the conversation about going to school: 
(Normally the child's hair would have been done but I had to wake her up to go get Nicole from school and her clip had fallen out before I realized it. So she looks a bit disheveled. But, the mannequin doesn't seem to mind bit. Wish we could have borrowed one of those hair bows!)

Then we stopped by the Verizon counter. I think Allyson wanted to call her friend at Old Navy.

Then we were off to Gymboree. It had been a busy day for the lady working. She really enjoyed Allyson who made her laugh by posing in the store window. And I do mean posing! In fact, the employee was the one who had Ally put on the hat and stood out there with me while I took pictures!








Look who's three!
After Gymboree we went to Children's Place. Nicole found a dress she thought fit "just right." Uh, maybe in three or four years, lol. 


And Allyson has been backpack shopping. She let me know this one was definitely not too big. What do you think? (If you can't see her, she's behind the big purple backpack.)

Oh, and, "Mommy, look at this!"  And she's holding up a witch's costume.

The girls had been great the entire time but began to feel a little too much freedom. After hearing her say, "Beat ya" to Nicole, I turned to see her start to take off running down an aisle. Yeah, that move led to this little "time out" while Mom paid for the clothes. 
(I know... the floor was probably not the cleanest choice.)

Minor infractions aside, we had a great time girl-shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment