Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day at the Park

While big sister was at her Honor Choir rehearsal today the little girls had a picnic and played at a nearby park. 

I was so bummed on St. Patrick's Day because Mallory didn't have anything green to wear. Today I found this shirt in a drawer. Evidently got it on clearance last year after St. Patrick's Day and totally forgot about it. Agh!



Mallory experienced a couple of milestones at the park ... she insisted on swinging on a "big kid" swing and she let Mommy know when to push!






Later Mallory decided she wanted to "push" by herself. She kept a close watch on Allyson to learn.







Allyson goes as high as she possibly can! She often yells and screams completely random things in her excitement. Things like, "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" (I can only imagine people feel sorry for her if a day at the park is absolutely the best day of her life.)


Then it was time to move to the big corkscrew slide! Earlier I didn't let Mallory go down because I thought she was just too little. Later I decided to let her go. After all, it's enclosed so it's not like she could fall off.




She LOVED it!!! I can't even count how many times she went down this slide. I only wish I could have videotaped her initial smile and giggle. But I was really focused on making sure I caught her.


No comments:

Post a Comment