Sunday, March 8, 2015

More birthday celebrations!

We just made it a celebration weekend! Last night we tried to go swimming at the family center but only got in 15 minutes because they closed early... so, after showers and with girls dressed in pj's, we went to the library and then Andy's frozen custard. Nicole had books and ice cream... one happy camper!



Daddy got up early on her actual birthday and made her bacon and egg quiche. Nicole loves bacon and Mommy could not stomach another pancake. (Between recent snow days and weekends we've had German, Swedish, Belgian, blueberry, Ihop, and even cottage cheese pancakes!!)






After church we went to Incredible Pizza. Nicole had a free buffet at Incredible Pizza. It was a prize for being brave when she had her teeth pulled. (The brave part was definitely not a requirement because I was there. She was so not brave! Screamed when they tried to give her a shot! ha ha)




Anyway, I invited some friends to join us that we hadn't seen for a long time. Isabel and Nicole went to preschool together and have been to summer camp together, too. (Her mom and I went as camp counselors together!)

Allyson wanted me to take this picture of her as we left.


Jacob being silly with Nicole. Mom gave her the Little House on the Prairie (season 1). We read the books together and she's been re-reading them. Okay, plus it's one of my favorite shows from childhood!






Our tradition is the race cars. Nicole was so excited to get to drive by herself this time!







Allyson was excited to ride with Daddy in the Andy's car! She had her tongue hanging out half the time and when the ride was over she exclaimed, "I stuck my tongue out just like my dog!" 



























At one point we lost Mallory! Nicole and I began running around and then we heard Britt. He saw her sticking her head out of the spaceship. 



Nicole really wanted to play this game. 


She got the high score and 598 tickets!!



Then Mommy wanted to play her favorite game: Deal or No Deal. 

The guy just before her had won the 200 ticket (highest possible) suitcase. Then he gave that up to spin the wheel and won the highest possible prize (2000 tickets!!) on the wheel. After waiting forever for his tickets to be added up, it was Mommy's turn to play. Of course, I picked the #10 suitcase. 
I lost immediately. Ended up with 5 tickets. Sigh.


Still, we ended up with enough points (thanks to Nicole) for a magnetic dart board game! Mallory got a little stuffed animal and they each got some candy. That used up all of our points and made for some happy girls!



At one point we went to use the bathroom and I noticed Allyson's hair was all messy. Yep. She put her head under the hand dryer. 
  

That evening we watched the Little House on the Prairie pilot episode. By the time that was over, our girls were ready for bed. I went to go kiss my 10-year-old girl good-night. She may be double-digits but ... she's still my little girl. 




1 comment:

  1. I love that Britt cooks breakfast for them. That is going to be fond memories for them someday. Julie, you're a great mom! Love the last picture of Nicole.

    ReplyDelete