Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Eureka Springs Trip with Grandma Sedenko

This post was from summer 2013. I obviously never finished writing but I'm posting this because I don't even remember what I was going to write anymore! This happened not long after Mallory was born when my mom was out visiting. 

It's been a while ... a LONG while since we've been anywhere outside Springfield/Branson. I'm going seriously stir-crazy. But I at least got a bit further down the road when my mom visited this summer. We went to Eureka Springs

It's only a two hour drive. But, it turned into four thanks to multiple Mallory blowouts. It was so bad we had to go to Wal Mart to buy the kid more clothing. I even had to give her a bath in a public bathroom sink! And dry her off with paper towels! Later in the trip we had to do it again and, this time, there were no paper towels. So, under the dryer she went. LOL I think she was bathed in public bathroom sinks three times on this trip. I was starting to worry about her... 

This is the Cresent Hotel and Spa. We were taking a drive and stopped to get this picture. Someone else did the same thing and we got to talking about the area. Branson, and my book, came up and they ended up buying one from me right on the spot. Pretty cool!


It was supposed to just be a day trip but after taking four hours to get there, we considered staying the night. We found this lovely bed and breakfast called the Chantilly Lace Inn. The owner met us at the door and gave us a tour. It was like staying in a Victorian dollhouse. 


 


Looking at front door








View from front door... a dining room with refrigerator

The screened in porch was so peaceful at night.


Mallory and I stayed upstairs. I could just imagine how Nicole and Allyson would LOVE this room! There were several twin beds each built into their own little nook. 













The stairwell.




The owner suggested an Italian restaurant for dinner. Oh my gosh. It was unbelievably good!





The staff - and customers -  fell in love with Mallory and even held her for me so I could eat dinner! 



The next day we explored the town. The small library was so historical and quaint, located in a stone building.












Some books I'd like to read with the girls


Grotto Spring was a little cave just off the road. It was beautiful, tucked into the hillside. 


Walking into it was like walking into a cave with a cool, wet climate. 



Inside one could light candles in memory of loved ones.





We also went to visit the Crescent hotel, the large building we had taken a picture of the day before.





























































No comments:

Post a Comment